Data Pipeline Engineer
Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The contractor shall provide a qualified workforce to function as the data engineer to support the data instrumentation and analysis pipeline for the 805 CTS. The data engineer creates and maintains optimal data pipeline architecture. Assembles large, complex data sets that meet functional organizational requirements. Identifies, designs, and implements internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability. Builds the infrastructure required for optimal extraction transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other ‘big data’ technologies. Works with stakeholders and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs. Keeps data separated and secure across multiple data centers. Works with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field required
- Must have advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Must have experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Must have experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Must have strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured
- Contractor will build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Must have working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Must maintain a Secret security clearance with Top Secret eligibility.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role desired.
- Data engineering certification desired (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer).
- Experience with cloud services desired.
- Strong project management and organizational skills desired.
- Experience supporting and working with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment desired.
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.