Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Cyber Security we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) Cyber Defense System Administrator is responsible for administration, maintenance, and cybersecurity defense of all Navy’s Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN) client and server infrastructure used to support the development, testing, and delivery of enterprise-wide modeling and simulation applications and services for the NCTE.
The candidate will work in close coordination with the Enterprise Engineering team to update, monitor and maintain servers and workstations used throughout the enterprise. Additional duties include performing Microsoft Windows server administration, manage GPOs, create/modify DHCP reservations, patching and STIG’ing, as well as, authoring standard operating procedures, training junior personnel and performing Tier 2 technical support. Individual must be able to work independently as work within a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for equivalent applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted based on education, or highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
- 2 to 4 or more years of experience in systems administration
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS, Shavlik or SCCM
- Experience with Windows Servers 2012R2/2016,
- Windows desktop operating systems (WIN10 SHB)
- RedHat desktop operating systems (RHEL 7/8)
- Experience digesting and implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Experience with patching Microsoft servers and workstations
- Experience with VMware
- Familiarity with VDI technologies and protocols
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and digest technical information
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer focus, the ability to manage customer needs and multiple work priorities
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience installing release upgrades
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Security + certification
- Linux+ or Microsoft certification would be a plus!
Must have an active Secret clearance or have the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.