Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Cyber Security we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
- Minimum 10 years of experience in systems administration
- Demonstrated experience in all the following: Linux servers, Windows servers, Oracle database servers, DNS servers, Domain controllers, network storage devices and HP servers.
- Demonstrated experience designing, configuring and installing information systems that include routers, servers, switches, storage systems, and laptops.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Microsoft Windows based domains
- Demonstrated experience deploying the complete DevOps lifecycle including integration of build pipelines, automated deployments, and compliance scanning using test driven development.
- Demonstrated experience in the deployment, provisioning, operations and maintenance of Linux environments running centos and Ubuntu.
- Demonstrated experience working Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies such as ICD503 to ensure system security and data integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related technical discipline. If candidate does not have bachelor’s degree, he or she must have five (5) additional years of experience in systems administration, for a total of 10 years.
- Monitor the system’s logs and applications on a daily basis. Automate this monitoring to the extent possible
- Conduct system backups on an interval agreed upon with the Sponsor
- Conduct data archiving on an interval agreed upon with the Sponsor
- Perform system hardening of Linux systems according to information security engineering principles and industry best practices
- Maintain all server, including Windows servers, Linux servers, Oracle database servers, Apache servers, DNS servers and Domain controllers
- Apply server patches and operating system updates in a timely fashion as defined by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM). Automate this process to the extent possible
- Assist the Sponsor with hardware and software acquisitions and implementation
- Ensure software licenses are renewed as appropriate
- Obtain Sponsor waivers as necessary
- Submit Discrepancy Reports (DR) and Requests for Change (RFC) through the appropriate Sponsor channels
- Work closely with the ISSM and other customer security elements as required
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.