Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The responsibilities for this position are to install and integrate submarine training systems. Qualified applicants will perform the following tasks:
- Assist with Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, system services, application software and system management tools for Linux and Windows based systems, both natively and within virtual machines
- Monitor and test application performance to identify issues with installation and performance and to identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes.
- Troubleshoot Information Technology (IT) Systems to diagnose and suggest/implement potential solutions.
- Support physical hardware installation of IT computing equipment and cabling at both local and remote sites.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years’ experience or High School Diploma / Equivalent with 7 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Navy Submarine exp in any of the following: IT, FC, Sonar, ET or other similar experience
- Linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL or Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS) distributions.
- Ability to Assist identifying operating system issues and produce patches to fix issues as required.
- Computer System/Networking troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be cleared to Secret Clearance
- Ability to work onsite in Newport Rhode Island
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with Submarine Tactical and Electronic Warfare Systems, including AN/BYG-1 and AN/BLQ-10, at the operation level and/or build/deployment level
- Experience with debugging issues with the Linux kernel
- Experience with Gluster, NFS, and other direct attach file systems
- Experience with System Build Automation Tools (Linux kickstart, Ansible, Puppet)
- Networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP, DHCP)
- Current IAT Level I Certifications
- Computer/Electronics Hardware knowledge
- Configuration management experience with both centralized and distributed version control systems (e.g., SVN and Git)
- Experience with virtualization technologies, preferably Red Hat KVM (e.g., Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh)
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.