Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
Knight Federal is seeking a Software Developer to support software modernization efforts on a high-fidelity submarine training system.
The qualified candidate will be part of Northrop Grumman’s Combat Systems & Mission Readiness division with the following Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug applications in a Linux environment
- Responsible for learning and understanding the requirements of a Legacy System Architecture to support software architecture modernization requirements
- Work with stakeholders to discuss software modernization projects and goals
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering
- BS degree in STEM related field
- Experience with C++ Object Oriented Programming
- Experience in software architecture and design of object-oriented applications, unit testing and installation.
- Experience with configuration management and source control systems such as Clearcase/Clearquest and Git
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
- Experience programming in a distributed Linux operating system environment
- Understanding of operating systems scheduling; applicant should have experience developing performance-based software minimizing CPU utilization and wait states.
- Knowledge of Virtualization solutions such as.
- Red Hat KVM
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation
- Knowledge of Navy Command and control, sensor and weapon systems
- Active Secret Clearance
Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.