Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The Payroll / Onboarding Specialist is responsible for generating new hire letters, initiate background checks, and ensure all new hire paperwork is completed by employees in a timely and accurate manner. Performs a wide variety of onboarding, personnel document review, and payroll processing activities including updating payroll system with personnel action changes, preparing bi-weekly payrolls, recording payroll deductions, processing calculations for manual checks, processing terminations and other assigned payroll and accounting responsibilities.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing system (Paylocity) to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Processes, researches and resolves payroll questions from employees related to timecard adjustments, vacation, and PTO leave.
- Manage payroll issues related to banking, garnishments, employment verifications, workers compensation payments, retroactive pay calculations, and other request that affect payroll operations.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Responsible for onboarding of new hires and maintaining and updating employee files, including information on hires, terminations, and changes.
- Generate new hire letters, initiate background checks, and ensure all new hire paperwork is completed by employees in a timely manner. Frequent communication with managers and HR regarding status of documents.
- Responsible for preparing documentation for terminations and final check calculations.
- Research and resolve payroll discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and company guidelines.
- Assemble payroll data and prepare reports for payroll analysis, 401k, and worker compensation audits.
- Assist with administration of employee health benefits and 401k enrollments, payment submission, changes, terminations.
- AA Degree in Accounting and/or coursework equivalent preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in a human resources or payroll department, with at least 6 months of training in HR/Payroll procedures.
- Paylocity experience preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word user is required.
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.