Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The Operations Research/Systems Analysis (ORSA) Functional Area (FA) provides uniquely skilled officers who assist decision-makers in solving complex problems by producing the analysis and logical reasoning necessary to inform and underpin critical decisions. The ORSA is an integral part of the Army and Joint leaders’ decision-making processes to organize, man, train, equip, sustain, and resource transformation from the current to the future force and conduct analysis in support of Multi-Domain Operations (MDO) and other warfighting operations.
Officers are subject matter experts in studies and assessments, modeling and simulations, optimization, forecasting, data science, data analytics, data visualization, and other big data specialties. Officers leverage new technical skills to rapidly apply tools and insight in the specialized domains of Cyber, Special Operations, Networks, and Intelligence while continuing to support Warfighters and Senior decision-makers. The ORSA officer will typically serve in one of several general assignments:
- An analyst in a sizeable analytic organization such as the Center for Army Analysis and Army Futures Command’s Research and Analysis Center, whose principal missions are to provide analysis that supports the organizing, equipping, manning, training, and operations of future and emerging technologies and force structures in support of Multi-Domain Operations.
- An analyst in a highly technical domain such as Cyber, Special Operations, Networks, or Intelligence.
- A combat analyst on a division, corps, Army Service Component Command (or equivalent joint headquarters staff), or Combatant Command headquarters staff.
- An analyst on an Army, Joint, Office of the Secretary of Defense, or Defense agency staff or direct reporting unit.
- An instructor teaching ORSA and mathematics courses at the United States Military Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 12-15 years of experience
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience conducting Operations Research and mathematical and statistical analysis.
- The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience in test planning, design, execution, and evaluation in the DoD operational testing and evaluation environment. Experience in the Design of Experiments and data collection.
- Knowledge of parametric and non-parametric statistics, data reduction, data decomposition, data analysis techniques, development of measures of performance and evaluation, confidence intervals, computer analysis tools, and survey test and evaluation methods.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting test design and planning, data collection, and data analysis functions, and knowledge of test and evaluation processes and activities.
- Emphasis on clear and technical documentation, discrete event analysis, data collection, analysis of results and translating abstract elements into useful operational information.
- Experience conducting operations analysis in support of DoD, CCMDs or Services as military, government and/or contractor support.
- Master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Experience with SAS, Python, ArcGIS, and Palantir.
- Relevant deployment experience in a combat theater.
- Experience with C-WMD techniques, tactics and procedures.
- Experience with Counter-small Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-sUAV).
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.