Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The IT Manager for the Joint Training Enterprise Network (JTEN) 24/7/365 Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) is responsible for maintaining and administering the JTEN. Your primary duties will include solving issues to include, developing innovative solutions to technical problems to ensure the stability and integrity of JTEN services. Additionally, you will provide direct support to the warfighter training events with hands on COMMS establishment, monitoring and troubleshooting of a worldwide network of Juniper and Cisco routers, switches and ancillary equipment. Moreover, you will be working closely with the customers of our network in order to identify potential issues and perform complex troubleshooting for routing IP switching and local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) protocols.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, and other network appliances
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling JTEN objectives and processes
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records
- Collaborate with Exercise Planners
- Tracking and escalation of incidents
- Ensure all issues are logged and documented
- Quickly and professionally assess issues, and take steps to resolve
- Must possess a current Secret Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree or minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Must have the following certifications: Security + CE and one of the following: Juniper – JNCIA, CNDSP, Cisco Certified Technician (CCT), Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Must be capable to work shift work (Essential Personnel identifier)
- Must have experience with the resolution of problems related to hardware and software, both application and operating systems.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIS-ENT)
- Network Operations Center Experience
- Tier 1 and 2 Helpdesk Experience
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be capable of the lifting and moving of equipment
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.