Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
The Navy Integrated Training Environment (NITE) Network Administrator is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network connectivity and infrastructure on the Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN). The candidate will support the operation and maintenance of multiple networks across different classification levels and ensure continuous network connectivity is maintained to customers and sites. This position will be in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC). The NOSC functions as the helpdesk for network operations support and provides troubleshooting of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration, cryptographic device configurations and keying material. This includes coordination with Navy, DISA, and commercial circuit providers for implementation and troubleshooting; maintaining Information Assurance compliance including IOS upgrades, network device configuration changes, firewall ACL verification and changes; and supporting remote sites in restoring network failures.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment and circuits
- Experience in monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting ASA firewall ACLs
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues at the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, NetFlow, logging, etc.
- Technical network troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CIDR), switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.) and Cisco IOS
- Knowledge of IP networking fundamentals, OSI model, and frame/packet structure
- Experience in a network operations center environment including help desk, customer communication, trouble ticketing, and issue resolution
- Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Experience with network and performance monitoring tools (SolarWinds, etc.)
- Experience in network security technologies including firewalls, VRFs, and port-security/802.1x
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager
- Experience with NSA Type 1 cryptographic devices and keymat particularly KG-175D and KG-75
- Must be willing to work periodic shifted schedules include evening, night, and weekend
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience.
- Typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience in network operations and support. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- Security+ or equivalent certification required
- CCNA Certification or equivalent strongly preferred
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Secret security clearance
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.