Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
We are currently seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support our customer’s cyber and enterprise operations. The incumbent will advise and guide projects and programs through the accreditation and maintenance milestones, including aligning and implementing appropriate Risk Management Framework (RMF) with agency policies and procedures.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of Information Assurance (IA) concepts, practices, and procedures using established IC and Agency policies and standards to minimize and/or mitigate security risks.
- Reviews and comments on technical documentation to ensure compliance with security standards and regulations.
- Recommends security monitoring solutions as required to meet IA requirements.
- Guides projects and programs through successful assessment and authorization of systems components for Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Focuses on threats, vulnerabilities, and the security of programs and systems.
- Provides special consideration to intrusion detection, finding and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities, and ensuring that remote access points are secure.
- Coordinates closely with internal and external stakeholders to support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot software and hardware IA problems related to security.
- Identifies, develops, and implements security standards, procedures, and solutions appropriate to the RMF environment.
- Coordinates with DIA stakeholders to assure compliance with security reporting requirements.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help identify user audit records to be captured and reported using designated processes.
- Establishes, maintains, and audits program IT enterprises infrastructure baseline configuration.
- Provide IA and RMF services such as System Security Plans (SSP), risk assessment, audit policy, scanning policy, POA&AMs, HBSS implementation, Data interface CONOPS, COOP/DR, IA Cert Checks, and MOU/MOAs.
- Designs the architecture of an information system (IS)
- Translates customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance or results.
- Anticipates future customer, industry, and business trends.
- Creates innovative solutions to problems involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Expert knowledge of organization operations and business objectives.
- Collects analyzes and interpret process data in one or more areas.
- Apply process improvement, reengineering methodologies, and internet-related methodologies and principles to conduct process modernization projects.
- Other tasks as required.
- Must have an active/current TS/SCI and be able to pass a CI Poly.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with RMF/IA Cyber Security.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience. Master’s degree preferred with advanced training in RMF/IA Cyber Security.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with customers, team, and leadership.
- Experience with the DoD, DIACAP, and/or RMF process and requirements.
- CISSP or CompTIA Security+.
- Network architecture, security engineering, operations experience required.
- Splunk experience required.
- Travel may be required within Washington National Capital Region (NCR) on an as-needed basis for customer or corporate requirements.
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.