Information Security Manager
Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
- Manages the information security management function of an organization, including the development, documentation, implementation, operation, and maintenance of an information security program; and heads ongoing activities to preserve the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of organization information resources in compliance with applicable security policies and standards.
- Maintains security protocols; and safeguards the organization’s computers, networks, and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses, or attacks by cyber-criminals, avoiding loss of confidential information, lost revenue, and fines from regulatory agencies for failing to protect data.
- Manages staff, providing line management, leadership, motivation, and strategic direction.
- Communicates regularly with other managers and brings the organization’s information security risks under explicit management control.
- Initiates, facilitates, and promotes activities to create information security awareness throughout the organization.
- Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Liaises with and offers strategic direction to related governance functions (such as Physical Security/Facilities, Risk Management, IT, HR, Legal, and Compliance) plus senior and middle managers throughout the organization as necessary, on information security matters, such as routine security activities, plus emerging security risks and control technologies.
- Recruits for and leads the direction of a network of information security ambassadors distributed throughout the
- Provides internal management consultant advice and practical assistance on information security risk and control matters throughout the organization, and promotes the commercial advantages of managing information security risks more efficiently and effectively.
- Leads or commissions the preparation and authorizes the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Leads the design and operation of compliance auditing, monitoring, and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations; ensures consistency of internal controls across departments.
- Leads or commissions information security awareness, training, and educational activities; information security risk assessments and control selection activities; and activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity management, and IT disaster recovery in conjunction with relevant functions and third parties.
- Monitors changes in local, State, and Federal regulations and accreditation standards affecting information security, and make recommendations to the CIO and other organization leaders on the need for policy changes.
- May require security management qualifications such as CISSP or CISM.
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.