Website Knight Federal Solutions Inc.
Knight Federal Solutions is a trusted provider to industry leading prime contractors, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We have established a company culture that supports our employees, their families and the communities in which they live and work. When you join our team, you belong to a group of people that work hard, strive for greatness and care about people.
Our hard work is evident in everything we do. Whether it be supporting large government programs in the areas of Simulation and Training, Information Technology, Intelligence or Engineering we always strive to be the best. It is for this reason that we have been recognized as a World Class Team Supplier by Northrop Grumman and were also named one of Florida’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
As Knight Federal Solutions continues to grow, we look forward to hiring the best and the brightest to join us in our success!
We are seeking an Information Technology (IT) Hardware Engineer to design, build and deploy rack-based information technology (IT) systems, operator consoles and simulated/emulated equipment and to install and troubleshoot lab IT equipment to support the development infrastructure for submarine training systems for the U. S. Navy at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI.
- Design and build rack-based IT systems for simulation training systems to ensure safety, stability, ease of repair, reliability and durability
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex IT systems
- Build and install system interconnect cabling for communications, audio, networking and serial interfaces
- Configure IT hardware, such as network switches, Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) / PCoIP, Audio over IP (AoIP) devices, etc., and develop or mark up system configuration procedures
- Utilize an in-house web-based content management system to integrate full hardware documentation and procedures into Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) packages for trainer delivery
- Provide integrated logistics support (ILS) and inventory tracking in preparation for and during site installations
- Participate in system equipment installations (10-20% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer or IT field and 2+ years’ experience; or a High School Diploma / Equivalent and 6 years’ related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Skills to support building and troubleshooting computer systems consisting of rack mounted Intel processors, Cisco networking and KVM equipment
- Mechanical assembly skills for building IT racks and training equipment
- Ability to produce or read/interpret technical drawings and system support documentation
- Knowledge of interfaces, including Ethernet 1G/10G wiring (CAT5e, CAT6, CAT7, fiber) and serial cabling, and the skills to build, test and troubleshoot cabling
- Ability to use test equipment, such as network testers and multi-meters, to verify continuity
- Active security clearance at the Secret level
- Proficiency using Visio to develop system designs
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Naval systems, particularly submarine systems
Knight Federal Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other protected classification.